Sunday, February 18, 2007

Golden Piggies



Happy New Year! Gung Hay Fat Choy!

I love holidays. Everyone's holidays. Especially those that mark a new beginning of one sort or another. In the last few years I have really come to love the Lunar New Year.


According to the Chinese, this is the Year of the Pig. And not just any old pig. This is the Year of the Golden Pig. Chinese hospitals are bracing for a baby boom, because this is a most auspicious year to have a child.


It is also the beginning of a 20-year cycle. Supposedly, what we do today will set a pattern for the next 20 years. Be careful not to sweep your house or wash your hair today, lest you sweep or wash away good fortune. Tomorrow, the second day of the new year, is considered the birthday of all dogs, so be sure to give the pups some special love (and maybe a treat as well).

We'll be putting in a special word to our ancestors in the hopes that the year 4704 brings us a golden piglet or two. Those (like me) born in the year of the sheep "have a special place at the pig's table," so perhaps now our luck will take a turn for the better.

Blessings and prosperity to you all!


2 comments:

Katie said...

Binky - I am just catching up on the news of the past few days, and it seems that hope remains! I'm sure that it is a fine balancing act, trying to manage hope, doubt, excitement, fear and a whole host of other thoughts and emotions. I know you and Atomic will get through this time, and as you said, this process gives reason for hope, for this and/or a future pregnancy. Love to you both.

Binky said...

Would that it were so! No, I'm afraid there's no chance for this to work out, but my response to the meds probably means we shouldn't give up yet.

Tomorrow's blood test should confirm what I already know -- the hcg levels are back to 0. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thank you for the good thoughts and comments. They mean so much.