Wednesday, January 24, 2007

An Even Dozen




This morning I took the bull by the horns, called the clinic, and switched my noon appointment with Dr. Droopy Dog for a 9 a.m. with Dr. Glass Half Full. I'm glad I did.

Dr. Droopy Dog probably would have focused on the fact that my lead follicles are only 16mm -- a little bit disappointing in that they grew only 3-4mm since Sunday. Dr. Glass Half Full focused on the fact that I now have 12 of them, ranging from 10 to 16mm. Twelve! That's like a full year of trying the normal way. She said that was an "above average" response for someone with elevated FSH, and that my energy in the last few days has obviously gone into making more eggs instead of growing the existing ones.

Woo-hoo! I'm a B student!

We're going back in on Friday for another scan, and, as long as they keep growing, we're probably looking at retrieval Sunday or Monday.

For those of you rooting from the sidelines, please engage mojo/light candles/begin novenas/cast spells . . . . now. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll light the Buddah candle and stick a pin in something. How about an egg?? :-p

Anonymous said...

I'll bow to the fertility shrine in my bedroom for you! And I'll pat my little moonstone pendant.
xoxoxoxoxo good luck to you and grow follicles grow!!