There are two ways to play. Here's one.
The other is to guess the answers to the following questions:
1. What does FSH stand for?
(a) ferrous sulfate and hemoglobin
(b) follicle stimulating hormone
(c) free silly hats
(d) fresh spring hyacinths
2. How many eggs are girl babies born with?
(a) about a dozen, give or take
(c) 2 million
(d) 8 million
3. Which food product do experts recommend avoiding if you are trying to become pregnant?
(e) all or none of the above, depending on the expert
4. Which of the following states are among the 12 that require insurers to cover infertility treatments?
(d) New Jersey
(e) both (b) and (d)
(f) none of the above
5. What year saw the lowest number of children adopted in the U.S.?
6. True or false: Human eggs hatch before implantation.
7. What is the average cost of a single IVF treatment?
(d) $16, 200
8. Which of the following treatments has a track record of success in treating women with diminished ovarian reserve?
(b) high doses of clomiphene citrate
(c) chanting "ugga bugga" over a set of rabbit entrails
(d) laparoscopic surgery
9. Why do IVF cycles get cancelled?
(a) not enough follicles developing
(b) too many follicles developing
(c) ovarian cysts
(d) your check didn't clear
(e) any of the above
10. Essay: How many reproductive endocrinologists does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Explain.
Answers will be posted in the comments section on Wednesday.