Wednesday, July 30, 2008

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!




Total shitstorm at work last week. Poor blog -- always the last to know.


I had about 48 hours to draft a brief in response to an "emergency" ex parte motion. Emergency my ass. Basically, someone's overdeveloped sense of entitlement meant that I had to miss my baby's bedtime AND miss my day off.


Well, that poor fool learned in a big hurry that you don't mess with Mama Bear. Don't get me wrong -- I love to win for its own sake -- but if you get between me and my cub I will do everything I can to make you bleed.


Gabby's had a busy week as well, babbling up a storm (for some reason she says "da-da-da-da-da" when she's happy and "maaaaammmmmaaaaaaa" when she's really sad), figuring out the whole crawling thing (she's progressed to the combat crawl), and mastering the pincer grip (ouch!).


When Gabby's busy, that's great. When I'm busy, not so much.

No comments: