Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Few Things I've Learned As A Working Mom

It's only been a couple of weeks, but I think I'm getting the hang of this. Somewhat. I have learned a few tips and tricks along the way, which I'd like to share with all of you:



  1. Part-time schedules are for suckers. They mean that you get less money and less time to do the same amount of work.

  2. I am a sucker. Despite point number 1, I willingly slog through the mountains of work while living for those blessed Wednesdays with my Peanut.

  3. It is possible to cram twelve pounds of crap into a five pound bag if you're really determined and don't mind getting a bit messy.

  4. Planning ahead really works. Who knew?

  5. Sometimes it's ok to raid the rainy day fund when it's only partially cloudy.

  6. If it doesn't result in a trip to the ER, an overdrawn checking account, an insurance claim, or an involuntary change in employment status, you're doing it right.

  7. An effective way to exceed expectations is to lower the expectations.

  8. Bonus points are rarely, if ever, awarded for suffering in silence or taking one for the team.

  9. Being Terribly Busy does not make me Terribly Important, or Terribly Smart. Often it just makes me Terrible.

  10. Smile when you say no, and try to say it every day.

  11. Guilt is for sissies.
More lessons to follow, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Ha--I must remember the last one: "guilt is for sissies."