Saturday, August 1, 2009

Gabby has begun her twentieth month of life and I have passed the twenty week mark in this pregnancy. It seems like a nice point to sit back and assess.
The pregnancy part is quite a bit better. I still feel like I'm swimming through Jell-O much of the time, but that may have more to do with the cold/cough I've had for two months than the pregnancy itself. The nausea has finally abated (thank the pharmaceutical gods for that) and my mood is considerably brighter (ditto). I am now CLEARLY identifiable as preggo and not just chubby, and I've even had people offer me seats on the bus. There's even a silver lining to the constant congestion -- it hampers my super spidey smell superpower, so bus rides and trips to public restrooms aren't quite as gross as they could be.

And Gabby continues to take the world by storm. She's big into puzzles right now, and can actually put the pieces back in instead of just taking them out and scattering them around the room. She's a huge Sesame Street fan, and every morning she drags us out of bed, saying "Cookie? Cookie?" She doesn't want a cookie -- she wants to hear Cookie Monster and boogie to the Sesame Street theme song.

She's putting sentences together, too:

"Daddy gave me watermelon!"

When asked why she threw her apple on the floor, she responded, "I don't want the apple."

And my absolute favorite: "I love you, mommy."




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear "I love you, Meema."

KandiB said...

That is so sweet. I can't wait till I hear those words, too. I'm gettin' a little misty eyed just thinking about it.

We just started getting our first smiles, and those alone are SO heartbreaking and sweet. Ahhhhh.

Mad Hatter said...

Thank you for your inspiring blog. I have recently been diagnosed with high fsh and it is so wonderful to see that you were able to get pregnant twice via IUI. Congratulations and I wish you all the best!

Anonymous said...

How about this one dear daughter:
Dear M & M Co.,

I detest false advertising. They do not melt only in your mouth.

VTY,
Ms. Sticky Binky